Skip to main content

Short weekend getaway in Samal Island

Samal island is one of the favorite tourist attractions in the Philippines. I have known since I was a kid that Davao City takes it pride in producing durian fruits and candies. Francisco Bangoy International Airport is domestically accessible within key cities of Manila, Clark, Palawan, Caticlan, Iloilo, Cebu, Bacolod or Zamboanga. 

Davao City is the safest metropolis in the country and the gateway to other beautiful destinations in the land of promise. In Magsaysay Park, you can buy durian, pomelo, mangosteen and marang. My message to UP students is to stop spreading rumors and nonsense memes that lead nowhere for wellness sake. 

durian park

There are available tour packages if you want to view the breathtaking scenic overview of Mt.Apo and revisit our country's history. It is the 24th highest peak on Earth, also known as the father of Philippine mountains. A merry park to visit in Davao City is Camp William. You can also visit People's park and the Davao City Museum. 

Herel Guesthouse offers budget travelers a comfortable place to stay when roaming around downtown. It is located in Cabantian, an hour away from the international airport. Their rooms are fully airconditioned, and guests are secured by CCTV. The hostel is Wifi ready where I can work remotely.

I want to know more of the Chinese culture, so I went to the chinatown in the south that exhibits the cultural connection between Filipinos and Chinese. The area is surrounded by four archways that are designed similar "pailou" or "páifāng" traditional style of architectural arches in China. The first arch is the Arch of Friendship. The second one is the Unity Arch. The third one is the Arch of Peace. The fourth and the last arch is the Arch of Prosperity. Kuan Kong, a Chinese general who lived during 200 A.D. in the time of the Three Kingdoms of China. He became known as the Chinese God of War, and as the protector especially of the businesspeople. Kuan Kong or Santiago temple is the oldest Chinese temple in Davao, built in 1957 by the local Chinese. In Davao, I enjoyed a Chinese meal to trace my roots. My grandfather is a Chinese-Korean who once lived in Davao many years ago. His chinese surname is Ye Xiao. 

I did not expect that my trip to Samal island from Davao City took less than an hour from Sasa wharf. I stayed at Kostal Beach Resort during my vacation. I savored sweet and sour, coffee and french fries in a coffee shop nearby. I spoke to British tourists how to go to Moalboal, Cebu because they want to experience "sardines" run in Pescador island. I felt comfortable the entire weekend because of the no-smoking sign inside the room. Plus, it is fully-airconditioned. Samal island is good for photo shooting, diving, snorkeling and other water activities. I strolled along the talc-like sand and swim on crystal clear blue waters in Kaputian White Beach. Other resort destinations in Samal island are Pearl Farm Beach Resort, Chema's by the Sea, Paradise Island Park and Beach Resort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exclusive Staycation at Kota Kanwa

If you are looking for an exclusive venue to host team building activities, company outings, family gatherings or barkada getaways, let me help you by sharing to you this neat and exclusive beach resort located at the coast of Southern Cebu. I am talking about  Kota Kanwa. Before going to Kota Kanwa, we took our lunch by the beach at Lambug Beach Resort in Badian. We had a stopover earlier at Carcar Public Market to buy Carcar's best lechon for lunch. From Lambug, we headed to Kota Kanwa. The resort's check in time is at 2:00pm. The nearest landmark to get to the resort is Gaisano Dumanjug . See google map below for directions to get into this resort. The resort has two types of accommodation; the main house and the dormitory type . Overnight rate is Php15,000 . The main house can accommodate up to 10 people while the dormitory type can accommodate up to 15. The rate is inclusive of free use of resort’s amenities: The Swimming Pool (c) Keila Verano

Dining in at Gustoso Pizza Shop

When I am in my hometown  Gustoso pizza and pasta serves its customers with authentic pasta dishes.  A pinch of bite of their carbonara, spaghetti, and benne is flavorful. Their boxes of delightful pizza flavors vary. I am loyal to their Hawaiian pizza.  For those who want a decent meal I must say that their pork chicken dishes are satisfying. It's atmosphere is nostalgic. Dining in with friends is fun. Taking pictures of our food is happiness. When I am in our province, I sleep before 10:00pm. The environment is not stressful unlike the big challenge of the city life which is the long commute because of traffic. I care about my mental health so I am taking it into consideration living in one of the municipalities of South Cebu cause I get close to nature. Nature gives us hope that no matter how heavy our problems reading a book in any genre beside a living plant on a coast gives us a positive outlook in life.  Depression can hit people whether they like it or not if their circums