Skip to main content

Best of Camiguin

I am always in awe with God's marvels so I am writing again another natural gem in my country, the island of Camiguin. This is a volcanic island in Northern Mindanao that is bestowed with rich natural pleasures for its waterfalls, hot springs and island beach destinations. 
Katibawasan Falls

There are direct domestic flights from international airports in our country such as Manila International Airport and Mactan Cebu International Airport to the "Island of Fire". This island is also a boat ride away from Cebu nautical ports.

First hot spring is "Ardent Hotspring". What awaits visitors is a tranquil experience because of its thermal water. It sits directly at the foot of Mt.Hibok-Hibok and is surrounded by lush forests. Another tourist destination is Mambukal which is made up of three sulfur pools and two swimming pools. 

Ardent Hotspring

Camiguin is also rich in waterfall destinations. Among these waterfalls I personally witness "Katibawasan Falls". Travelers can also have a cultural experience because of its old church ruins and a Sunken cemetery. The eruption of Mt.Vulcan in 1871 has submerged most areas including a public cemetery. Nonetheless it has become a famous tourist attraction.

Camiguin Sunken Cemetery

What attracts my eye is White Island. This uninhabited sandbar lies on the northern coast of Mindanao. Mt. Hibok-Hibok and Mt.Vulcan can also be seen from this island composed of solely white sands. Many people are astonished by wonderful beaches and choose to live the simplicity of a laid-back life.
White Island

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vigan City Travel Guide

About 400 kilometers from Manila is the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Vigan. The preserved old spanish houses made this tiny city to be recognized by UNESCO.  How to go Vigan City The tiny city of Vigan can be reached by an overnight bus from Manila or buy an airplane ticket from Manila going to Laoag City, the nearest airport near Vigan City. Must things to do in Vigan 1. Take the kalesa or tricycle tour 2. Stroll Calle Crisologo at night 3. Feast on delectable Ilocano dishes

Precious Tea House - a cozy hub for students and professionals

Precious Tea House is a small tea shop in the urban town of Minglanilla that primarily serves milk tea and snacks as well. Milktea is a drink that originated in Taiwan but is becoming popular in other Asian countries.  Milktea is a healthy snack for its favorite ingredient milk is combined with different sinkers. Precious flavors include; cream cheese, hokkaido, double dutch, oreo, strawberry, cappucino and caramel. They also serve fruit shakes such as mango and avocado float. They also have our favorite snack french fries and panini which is an Italian sandwich made of bread.  Among other tea shops nearby, I choose this as a go-to place to have my interviews because of its inspiring atmosphere and friendly business owner. I find this nest as a potential venue for professionals to host client meetings because they offer free wifi connection. Students can also spend their afternoon here to study and create their projects. Their price range is from Php 75.00 to Php 150.00. I am ...

4D3N Boracay - Islas de Gigantes Itinerary

One summer in 2016, we were blessed to explore and experience two of the most visited island destinations in Western Visayas; Boracay Island and Isla de Gigantes . Let me share with you how we did it and here is our 4D3N itinerary. We first flew from Mactan Cebu International Airport to Kalibo , the gateway to Boracay. We then rode a van to Caticlan Jetty Port and ride the boat going to the island. There is a direct flight from Cebu to Caticlan but is more expensive. Day 1 - Experience Boracay Boracay, once dubbed as the most beautiful island in the world is not just for the rich but for budget travelers too. I get excited when I hear the word Boracay because it's where you can find all the fun activities on the beach. If I was given more time and more money I would definitely go back to Boracay and try all the activities there. Nevertheless, I've listed all the fun things that we did for one day and one night in Bora.  Helmet Diving . A guided underwater trek ...